Green Gumbo THM version

This was fantastic soup. And I HATE cooked greens so that is saying a lot coming from ME!

I used this recipe as my base, but I changed it a little because I wanted to THM it for my meals.

  • 2 cups chopped onion
  • 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning 
  • 10 cups water
  • 3 pounds assorted greens (i.e. kale, collards, mustard greens, turnip greens, spinach, chard, parsley, dandelion greens, beet greens), chopped (about 14 cups)
  • Salt
  • 1 pound  Aldi Turkey sausage

I put all but the greens and sausage in the crock pot.  I let it all cook until tender. 4 hours on high.   I cooked up the Turkey sausage and cut into chunks.  Tossed that into the crock with the greens. Cooked until the greens were soft. Enjoy. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts