Book Review: Seeing Ezra

I saw this book laying at the local Dollar Tree and it looked interesting. So I went to the library and reserved myself a copy.  The color of the cover was very eye catching.  The theme was something that interested me.

But sadly the book BORED me. It took me over a month to finally finish the book. And I didn't finish it because I was so "into" the book. I finished it because I made myself. Nothing about it held my interest other than I wanted to finish the book. I hate to start reading a book and not finish. I read on HOPING it would get better. It never did. I am not sure exactly what just lost me in the story. It was so mundane and no real "story".  It was like the author lost her drive. I am not sure exactly how to describe it. It frustrated me.  

I do feel for the author's child. I can't imagine how hard it is to deal with the things she did. But there was never a light at the end of the tunnel. No answers or no purpose for the book other than, my life was hard and this is what I did. Not why, or how I made it better.  How about giving hope to other out there that have to deal with this. Give us some tips and tricks that helped to make it through. 

All in all, I think I know why it is at the Dollar Tree. I wouldn't have paid to purchase the book. I am thankful I checked it out from the library. It wasn't worth the $ to buy even at the $1 price tag.

Comments

Popular Posts