How Trim Healthy Mama has changed my taste buds

If you are anything like me, THM opened a new door to foods. Or perhaps some you have always HATED, but learned to love!  Making myself cook through the THM Cookbook I have tasted and used many things I had not enjoyed or even tried before.

My most surprising new food loves....

My first surprise new love.  I hated cottage cheese. As is, I NEVER ate it. NOW I gobble it up any chance I get. It makes the BEST ice-cream and is amazing as protein for my E meals. Who knew????

My second surprising food is actually greens. I know this is going to sound HORRIBLE, but I really did NOT like cooked greens AT ALL. I would sometimes eat raw in a salad, but now I will cook them up and eat them in a meal. Eggs and smoothies the most. Kale, Spinach, Chard, etc. I love them all now.

The third one is actually cabbage. Now in order to understand the significance of this one, you have to understand, eating it was painful for me. So now I can eat it in a salad and ENJOY it. So many salad mixes come with it and I simply just avoided them. I used it for kraut, but not in food. There are so many THM recipes with cabbage that I enjoy now.

Fourth, is turnips. I am not sure I really tasted or loved them before THM actually. But now that I have tried them as potatoes, I am a happy camper.

My fifth is Zucchini. This is the one that surprised me the most. I didn't HATE it, but I rarely use it. I now use it and crave it. I love it the best as zoodles. I mean whats not to LOVE about it? Noodles that are a vegetable? No need for another vegetable with your meal. Zoodles to the rescue.


Sadly I had a few things that I still struggle to LOVE that I use to like:

Coconut milk. I just struggle with the taste. Its isn't horrible, but if I can change it out with Cashew milk, I did. I wish I loved it. It offers such a great alternative to milk. I don't enjoy the after taste that I get when I use it. Sadly, its hard to enjoy coconut now. I use to LOVE it. "sigh"

Peanut Butter.  I like it in a few things, but for some reason, I have lost my love of it. I simply can't stand it with meat at all. Sometimes with chocolate. Other than that it sadly sits in my cabinet. I use to LOVE it and eat it so often. But sadly, I am still eating off the same jar as I was 4 months ago.

Cooking things in oil. Lots of it. Think coconut oil and butter. I didn't grow up with anything deep fried really and having to fry my food in oil.... eww. I have struggled to LOVE skinny chocolate. I eat it because it is good for you, but I sincerely do NOT love it.

Cinnamon. This one was kinda mind blowing. I just HATE it. I use it very little. I think since I used it so much originally and when I am sick I can't stand it anymore. Its kinda sad because I enjoy apple and pumpkin things and that means I use cinnamon. And I don't use it much. I prefer the other ingredients instead. So weird! I use to use to SO MUCH.

Almond milk. I like almonds. But Almond milk warmed up etc., is just nasty. I have tried and tried to like it. I can't stand it. If I use it in recipes, they have to be cold or iced. I used it so much at the beginning of THM and now I rarely use it at all.

So has THM changed your taste buds?  If so HOW? What things do you love/hate that you hated/loved before?






Comments

Popular Posts