My Word and Goals for 2020, How I did with 2019

THRIVE!

My word for the year is THRIVE!  The past 13+ years have been a VERY big struggle. I am DONE struggling. I am going to THRIVE. I am tired of letting what people say and do to me, influence how I act. I am a CHILD of the KING. He LOVES me. I am HIS. No one can take that away.

My word last year was actually FIGHT!  And I did feel that even though I felt defeated more often than not, I did fight back.  That was so important to me. He fought MANY battles for me. I am so thankful. So here is to another year that I will no longer lay down and let things beat me. I WILL FIGHT with HIM by my side. So look out DEVIL. I am so after you!

My Goals this year:
Personal
Make up and Hair Routine
Walk/Exercise 3 times a week
Memorize Psalm 37 = 1 verse a week - I need to find a way to print the verses up on cards so I see them daily/weekly.  Ideas welcome!
Start Vlogging - after I get my goals consistent on the blog
Seasonal Recipe collection - Finish by November -Single and Family serving
Christmas Countdown in the Fall -Starts in October
Cook and blog/vlog my cook through my menu this year (my book for the year hasn't been posted publicly yet)
Use my business, health, garden, and menu planner - my sister got me a really nice one for my devotions etc.  I also have a REALLY nice wellness one from Aldi. I also intend to use my Aldi normal planner for my blogging etc. I have so many things I need to keep track of this year. I am so ready to do better than last year. I just need to get into a new routine!

Marriage/
Ministry/Family 
Read 4 marriage or family books - even though I do this every year I still wanted to include it. - I am open to ideas here!
Write a "love" note each week
Write one positive thing a week to read at the end of the year. - tips on actually accomplishing this!

Children/Homeschooling
Special day for each child, once a month, do 1 fun outing/activity.
Establish game night 
Check work once a week-school

Blogging

Weekly Grocery Hauls - Vlog
Try a 1 new recipe a week or a month and vlog/blog about it
Monthly or weekly Goals/plans!
Vlog 3/4 times a week by December for Vlogmas starting day after Thanksgiving.


Last years Goals and How I did!
Personal
Make up/Vitamins Routine - I did the vitamins! I am so proud of myself!
Walk/Exercise 3 times a week - that didn't happen but this year we are hoping to join the YMCA. I hope it helps.  
Memorize Psalm 37 = 1 verse a week - I am still struggling with this.
Start Vlogging - after I get my goals and menus etc consistent on the blog - I finally got a computer, but I had a few issues with my GoPro. So I did a few lives, and I am working on my IG @mixingwithmichelle to work myself into vlogging
Seasonal Recipe collection - Finish by November -Single and Family serving - I did start this. It did NOT go as planned. I fell off the wagon this summer because life just got too busy. So maybe I will finish it this year.
Christmas Countdown in the Fall -Starts in October - I started it, but because I had some physical issues and no Christmas money it just didn't happen  I am getting it all written in my planner to do it next year.
Cook and blog/vlog my cook through of Trim Healthy Table. - I finished cooking through it, but I didn't vlog or blog about it. I was just struggling to keep up! I have a new book for this year. I might just do that one. We shall see.

Marriage/
Ministry/Family 
Read 4 marriage books - I did this!
Write a "love" note each week - I really NEED to do this
Write one positive thing a week to read at the end of the year. - I did not do this. I am terrible at things like this.

Children/Homeschooling
Special day for each child, once a month, do 1 fun outing/activity. - I want so badly to do this, but now that my children are older its almost impossible with my older ones.
Establish game night - I have done it with my youngest!  Its so much fun. 
Check work once a week-school - I still need to work on it, but it is easier this year because I have help.

Blogging

Weekly THM Menu - I did it EVERY week this year!

Weekly Grocery Hauls - Vlog _ I only did a few. But I am starting to take pictures and post on IG about it. So progress
Try a 1 new recipe a month and vlog/blog about it - I didn't even do this ONCE
Monthly or weekly Goals/plans! - I started with this. I didn't finish obviously
Vlog 3/4 times a week by December for Vlogmas starting day after Thanksgiving - I didn't do this. I still plan to by slowly working towards it.

I LOVE what I wrote about my word last year! 
-I have picked a word for this year.  FIGHT!  And before you all jump on the, you shouldn't fight line, just hear me out.  I have choose to just let things go for SO long, I have been in some NOT so good situations. I have had to look at things through lenses I don't like. I hate them actually.  I can't just walk around and think, it will all be ok and work out. I have to be on the ready because the Devil is roaming around trying to seek and destroy my family and marriage (Eph. 6:12).  So, this word it to remind me to FIGHT for my family etc. On my knees first of course, but is some cases unfortunately it will need to be with some strong boundries.  I never wanted to need to do that.  It makes me so sad to NEED to.  Prayers would sure be appreciated. 

Comments

Popular Posts