Chicken Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash THM S



This was a spin off from the recipe here...

When I went to make the squash I had every intention of making it with ground beef and spaghetti squash. But when I went to grab the meat etc. after the squash was cooked I found out that the beef I had set aside for it... was MIA. So I grabbed some chicken strips and a bottle of Alfredo sauce instead and whipped out this instead. I think I liked it even BETTER then the traditional Spaghetti sauce version.  :-)





First start off with slicing your squash in half and digging out the seeds.  I then poke holes in the squash, salt N pepper it and place it face down on a baking sheet.  I have used a plate in a pinch.  I use a fork to prick the skin of the squash. I bake @ 400 for about 30 minutes.  If it is a larger squash it might take a little longer. I try to pick one that is about the size of  a 16oz cottage cheese container. :-)


Once it is cooked, remove from the stove and flip over. Add a handful (1/2 cup) chicken strips or chunks to the well of the squash. Top with 1/4 cup alfredo sauce and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese for EACH squash bowl Top with 1 slice of cheese. Whatever flavor you like.


Put back into the oven until the cheese on top is bubbling or crusty brown. Usually takes me about 15 minutes.


Remove from the oven and let cool about 10 minutes.  Then remove
 the squash etc from the "bowl".  Enjoy!



Chicken Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash THM S

1 small spaghetti squash. I like to use one about the size of a 16 oz container
1 cup chicken strips or chunks
1/2 cup alfredo sauce
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 slices of cheese

Slice your squash in half and digging out the seeds.  Poke holes in the squash, salt N pepper it and place it face down on a baking sheet.  I have used a plate in a pinch.  Use a fork to prick the skin of the squash. Bake @ 400 for about 30 minutes.  If it is a larger squash it might take a little longer.

Once it is cooked, remove from the stove and flip over. Add a handful of chicken strips or chunks to the well of the squash. Top with alfredo sauce and cottage cheese for EACH squash bowl. Top with 1 slice of cheese. Whatever flavor you like.

Put back into the oven until the cheese on top is bubbling or crusty brown. Usually takes me about 15 minutes.

Remove from the oven and let cool about 10 minutes.  Then remove the squash etc from the "bowl".  Enjoy!








Comments

Popular Posts