My THM Menu Plan for August 19 - 25, 2019



I have been cooking through the Trim Healthy Table Cookbook since the beginning of the year. I am starting to run out of recipes to try!  So as a treat to myself I am going to take a break for the month of July and use some recipes of  fellow bloggers and a few other books I have on hand.   I am getting a little burned out on cooking through the cookbooks.  I cooked my way through the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook last year.  So I am not new to the game of cooking through a cookbook.

I also haven't included a shopping list in a long time.  My computer decided to die a while back and it isn't easy to write up a shopping list etc without all my fancy tools. I finally got my computer back so I can start. But I am still playing catch up with a few other areas in my life, mainly my garden, so once I am "caught up" (ha ha) I will start to include them.

With gardening in full swing I will soon have as many greens as I can EAT!  I can't wait for my summer menu to start!

Just for fun this week I used Cookie Crum Fun's Menu planner. Go check it out. Its super adorable!

This week I am using some blogger recipes that I will link AND THIS cookbook for the recipes. I bought it a while ago at the $ Tree.  They are NOT THM friendly. I am going to be tweaking the recipes to make them THM friendly as you can see.  I am also using a few THM Cookbook recipes to fill in the gaps.

I eat seasonally because I garden extensively. My dad has graciously given me a large garden space that I put to good use!


Breakfasts:
Ginger Rhubarb p.27 THM FP

Lunch and side dishes
Balsamic Berry Peach Salad p.103 THM E


Snacks: -  from the THM Cookbook
Pretzel Sticks p.463 THM FP 
Thin Thicks p.421-425 THM FP
Chewy Chitein Logs p. 390 THM S
Mango Creamsicles p.368


Suppers:
Greek Salad Skewers p.67 THM S

Sippers 
Tumeric Toddy Trimmy p. 433 - THM Cookbook 
Chai Trimmy p.432 - THM Cookbook

Comments

Popular Posts