Goals for 2019 and how did on 2018 goals!

I made goals last year, but sad to say I forgot and didn't even LOOK at them until a few days ago.  I do remember what a few of my goals were and forgot about the rest. I did pretty well considering.

So, I wrote up my goals with a few new ideas. Mainly because they are things I was working on last year, but didn't do, or even right now. I am hoping I can do better this year and do a monthly update.  

I did use my planner some this year.  I usually updated and used it on Tuesdays during music lessons. Sadly that is no longer a part of my life so I fell out of the habit. I need to make a NEW habit. Not sure HOW to do that yet. I would LOVE to do a weekly goals and updates with my menu for the week. It just doesn't seem to happen. If anyone else has some suggestions I am all ears.



Personal
Make up/Vitamins Routine
Walk/Exercise 3 times a week
Memorize Psalm 37 = 1 verse a week
Start Vlogging - after I get my goals and menus etc consistent on the blog
Seasonal Recipe collection - Finish by November -Single and Family serving
Christmas Countdown in the Fall -Starts in October
Cook and blog/vlog my cook through of Trim Healthy Table.

Marriage/
Ministry/Family 
Read 4 marriage books
Write a "love" note each week
Write one positive thing a week to read at the end of the year.

Children/Homeschooling
Special day for each child, once a month, do 1 fun outing/activity.
Establish game night 
Check work once a week-school

Blogging

Weekly THM Menu

Weekly Grocery Hauls - Vlog
Try a 1 new recipe a month and vlog/blog about it
Monthly or weekly Goals/plans!
Vlog 3/4 times a week by December for Vlogmas starting day after Thanksgiving

I have picked a word for this year.  FIGHT!  And before you all jump on the, you shouldn't fight line, just hear me out.  I have choose to just let things go for SO long, I have been in some NOT so good situations. I have had to look at things through lenses I don't like. I hate them actually.  I can't just walk around and think, it will all be ok and work out. I have to be on the ready because the Devil is roaming around trying to seek and destroy my family and marriage (Eph. 6:12).  So, this word it to remind me to FIGHT for my family etc. On my knees first of course, but is some cases unfortunately it will need to be with some strong boundries.  I never wanted to need to do that.  It makes me so sad to NEED to.  Prayers would sure be appreciated.  

My goals from 2018 and how I did with them, despite the fact I forgot about them.  Ooops.



Personal 
Read 12 books - I thinkI read more like 20.
Make up Routine - I lost my makeup bag!  I had to rebuy it and hoping to start again this year.
Finish Violin Volume 1 - Sadly we lost our music teacher.  We were able to find another one, but sadly I can no longer afford lessons for myself.  Maybe in a few years when my children are further along they can teach me again.  I really miss the group lessons especially.
Eat Greens daily - I don't eat them EVERY day, but at least 5 times a week!  So win win on that

Marriage/
Ministry/Family 
Read 4 marriage books - DONE
Write a "love" note each week - FAIL!
THM Meal Prep - I do this most weeks. It has helped when I do. Write one positive thing a week to read at the end of the year. - I think I did this twice so sad.

Children/Homeschooling

Do 1 fun outing/activity per month- I think I did about half. Not bad.
Establish game night - I think this is almost a joke.  I meant table games. Which they aren't fond of. But video games are played all day every day since everyone has phones now. Biggest mistake EVER that I opposed!
Special day for each child, once a month - I still need to work on this.
Check work once a week- I still need to work on this.



Blogging

Weekly THM Menu - I did this!
Try a 1 new recipe a month and blog about it - I sadly did NOT do this.
Write 12 book reviews - I think I did just a couple
Monthly Goals - Um, I don't think I did it even once. How sad is that?


My word was Determination for 2018.  That is what I feel I have been lacking the past few years. Discouraging situations and trials have been a real struggle.  This past year I learned more about how I was making it worse by allowing people to treat me badly, instead of standing up for myself. I hope to find myself deep down somewhere, lost in the drama and trama in the past few years that really wreck havoc on my life. So here's so a new year. One that will be better than next year and one that will be better, by HIS grace and my determination.
It was a good word. FIGHT this year is just a continuation of it. Just in different form.

Comments

Popular Posts