Kale Soup

My husband and I discussed that soup in the summer was just plain out wrong, until I mentioned soup was inexpensive and a good way to eat veggies. He he.


I have been wanting to try this recipe http://champaign-taste.blogspot.com/2007/11/portuguese-kale-soup.html ever since we watched the Victory Garden video 2 years ago.  So this year when I got the Kale I dug out the recipe. But like usual.. I changed it to fit our needs.

Wisconsin Portuguese Kale Soup

2 quarts chicken broth or a combination of beef and chicken
3 pounds chopped tomatoes
3 cups cooked pinto beans
2 pound turnips
1 pound brautwurst
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped carrots
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 pound kale

Cook brautwurst.  Put the broth, brautwursts, and beans on a large soup pot. Chop turnips, onion, garlic, and tomatoes. Add to pot.  Cook until the veggies are tender. Remove the stems from the kale and chop.  Set aside. Add the kale to the soup. Cook until soft. Salt and Pepper to taste.

Comments

Popular Posts