Using up the squash - Veggies Burritos

By now we are all drowning in squash. I have made several recipes with them and I hope to make many more. I am not sure how to convince my children it is great. They use to eat ANYTHING. Now not so much.

So this is the 2 recipe I started with http://allrecipes.com/recipe/squash-and-zucchini-burritos/detail.aspx
and this one http://www.food.com/recipe/roasted-corn-and-black-bean-salad-310607

In an attempt to use up leftovers in the fridge I combined the recipes.

Veggie Burritos
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 bunch green onion, chopped
  • 2 tsp crushed garlic
  • 3 large yellow squash, shredded
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 2 cups Corn and Black Bean dip (recipe on blog)
  • 1 (8 ounce) package Colby -Jack Cheese divided
  • 8 burrito-size flour tortillas
Combine oil, onion, garlic, squash, and green pepper.  Cook until the squash is soft. Add the dip.  Put 2 TBSP and 1/3 cup mixture in a tortilla. Continue until all 8 are finished.  Place in a baking dish. Add remaining cheese to the top and bake for 30 minutes at 350. 

Comments

Popular Posts