Squash Pancakes

Summer is here... and so is the squash. I have never had success growing it at my house, but I have been able to grow some at my mom's house and I get some in the CSA box.
I tried this recipe.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/zucchini-pancakes-2/detail.aspx
It was meet with mixed reviews.  We all agreed that the dip we used "made" the "pancakes"
As usual I changed the recipe to meet our ingredients.

1/2 cup all-purpose flour or Low Carb Baking Blend
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini or summer squash
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons butter
Dean's Dip

In a bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. Combine the zucchini, egg, onion and mayonnaise; stir into dry ingredients until well blended.

In a large skillet, melt butter. Drop zucchini mixture by cupfuls into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream if desired.

Comments

Popular Posts