My review for THM Menu from Feb 19 - 24, 2018

I have made so many NEW to me recipes from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook, I wanted to record what we all thought of them. Some were hits and some were not. A few we didn't get to make so I will add them to another menu to try.  Not sure I will ever make ALL the recipes from the cookbook, but I do want to make good use out of the book. I tend to make the same things over and over and I want to get out of that rut... for a now anyway.


Breakfasts:
Thin Mint Chocolate Chip Skake - THM S THM Cookbook p.410 - this was one of my favorites for the week. But then I LOVE all things minty. ;-)
Bring on da Buttah Pancakes THM S THM Cookbook p.262 - I didn't make these
Strawberry Cheesecake Shake - THM S THM Cookbook p.412 - another delicious shake. A keeper for sure
Breaggy Fry Up THM S THM Cookbook p.244 - I didn't make these
Banana Oat Shake - THM E THM Cookbook p.413 - This one was not my favorite. The oats just didn't do it for me. It was like a muffin in a smoothie. Not my thing. 
Just Peachy Muffins THM E THM Cookbook p.286

Lunch: - Leftovers
Cream of Mushroom Soup - THM S THM Cookbook p.110  I didn't make this
Broccoli and Cheese - THM S THM Cookbook p.111 I didn't make this
Curry in a Hurry Soup THM S THM Cookbook p.112 I didn't make this

Snacks:
Lemon Curd Layer Cake - THM S THM Cookbook p.299 - This was so much better than I expected. The best recipe this week!
Banana Meringues THM FP THM Cookbook p.317 - The taste was fine. I just managed to undercook them.  I have talents I tell you!  Any ideas on how I can save them????
Cobbler in a Jar - THM S Cookbook p. 335 - This was ok. Seems a bit on the dry side compared to what kind of cobbler I am use to. I added milk to it and warmed it when I ate it. That helped. I would like to try again, but perhaps use less baking mix and more liquid?

Supper:
Buttah Chicken THM S THM Cookbook p.49 - We all hated this recipe. I wanted to love it so much. Not sure I will try again.
Slow Faijitas - THM E THM Cookbook p.53 - I like these on the stovetop, but not the crockpot. I prefer to have the veggies slightly crispy and not soggy. But the flavor was good!
Lemon Herb Drummies - THM S THM Cookbook p.51 - We loved the flavor, but again the crock pot kinda ruined it for us. Seemed like they were perhaps cooked too long. Need to watch the times when I make it next time.
Lentil Soup - THM E THM Cookbook p.89 - We preferred this without meat. I love a HOT soup.
Cabb and Saus Skillet THM S THM Cookbook p.58 - Everyone LOVED this dish. They were all so sad we didn't have leftovers. That is saying something!
Perfect Pizza - THM S THM Cookbook p.211 - This is the second time I made this crust. It is the best crust so far that I have tried. It was super simple and the ingredients list etc was super simple. 

I didn't get to meal prep on Monday like I planned to. Sick children had be distracted. So I limped along without prep until Thursday. I then hit is hard and was able to get all the desserts and breakfast smoothies prepped. I did also make the dinner meals most evenings thankfully.  The children were happy to not have to eat eggs and chicken nuggets every day. Not that we do, but they seem to think so. LOL!  I didn't make the lunches because I forgot to get my broccoli from my mom and Aldi was out of mushrooms. Most days we had enough leftovers I just didn't need lunch. The past week I needed EVERY lunch. Life just didn't go as planned with sick children.

I have been making a Singing Canary for myself daily. I need to keep the wonderful seasonal allergies at bay and it seems to be helping. I hope I can keep up with it. Such a simple recipe that I really LOVE and I also wouldn't mind trading it for coffee in the morning... GASP.. I know. Shame on me, but hey, its working folks!

Comments

Popular Posts