My review for THM Menu for Feb. 26 - March 4, 2018

I have made so many NEW to me recipes from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook, I wanted to record what we all thought of them. Some were hits and some were not. A few we didn't get to make so I will add them to another menu to try.  Not sure I will ever make ALL the recipes from the cookbook, but I do want to make good use out of the book. I tend to make the same things over and over and I want to get out of that rut... for a now anyway.

I also videoed some of our meal prep in hopes of sharing it soon once I get all the wrinkle ironed out.

Breakfasts
German Chocolate Skake - THM S THM Cookbook p.413 - I didn't get to try this one. "sniff"
Welcome Back Waffles THM S THM Cookbook p.263 - These were good, but a tad dry. I think I might need to adjust them a little.
Berrylicious Thin Thick - THM S THM Cookbook p.424 - I didn't try this one either.
Waffleized Breakky Sandwich THM S THM Cookbook p.241 Not bad for a waffle sandwich. Not overly excited about it just because I don't eat sandwiches so it seems "wrong" I think I want to try it again and maybe I will get use to it. I mean talk about an easy meal!
Lemon Frappe - THM FP THM Cookbook p.419 - I didn't try this one either.
Sweet Dreams PB and J Oatmeal THM E THM Cookbook p.248 - I warmed this and brought this along in a thermos for breakfast. It was very good. I expected to not like it, but I am so glad I was wrong!

Lunch: - Leftovers
Superfood - Loaded Salad- THM S THM Cookbook p.192 - Didn't try this one yet.
Tuscan Tomato Soup- THM FP/S THM Cookbook p.120 - This was delicious!
Spinach Lane Soup THM  FP/S THM Cookbook p.121 - I am going to try again next week to try this one.

Snacks:
Mint ChocolateTruffle Cake - THM S THM Cookbook p.303 EVERYONE in my family LOVED this recipe. I even gave a piece to my mom. After she and my dad kinda laughed over it, they agreed it was pretty good, but FILLING. I want to make it again, but with a few changes. I cooled it in a container. MISTAKE!  I need to cool it in the shape I want it STAY in. Once it cools it does not reshape well. 
Butterfly Wings Cake THM FP THM Cookbook p.301 - I choose to not make this, instead I made the Lemon Superfood Chews. I didn't want two cakes to eat. I didn't think I would finish them in time. So I will try this next week.
Apple Cinnamon Swirl Muffin- THM E Cookbook p. 280 - I am really surprised that I liked this. I HATE cinnamon. But this wasn't overpowering and I really liked it. I made 2, but I misplaced one in the fridge somewhere so I haven't tried the last one. Booo. I guess I will be cleaning it out to find this treasure. Hehe.

Supper:
Cilantro Lime-Burst Chicken Thighs THM S THM Cookbook p.54 - This was so good. Not sure why I didn't try it sooner. It is such a simple recipe.
Wonder Fish Tacos - THM E THM Cookbook p.171 - I didn't get to try this one.  Putting it on the menu for next week
Balsamic Chicken - THM E THM Cookbook p.56 - I made this with rice and it was amazing. I LOVE the Balsamic Vinegar flavor. 
Tomato Chicken Bisque - THM S THM Cookbook p.93 - A few didn't like it, but most did. I am so glad I tried it. It isn't something I would normally picked, but it was delicious.
Swedish Meatball in Cream Sauce THM S THM Cookbook p.61 - I made the meatballs ahead and hid them on myself so I didn't get to make them this week. I am going to try again next week!
Perfect Pizza - THM S THM Cookbook p.211 - Again a HIT and I loved it. I am almost afraid to try the Rustic one next week. I cooked the crust a but longer this time and it was even BETTER. I under cooked it last time and it was good, but I like a crispier crust.


Sippers:
Ginger Cream Trimmy - THM FP THM Cookbook p.432 - I never tried this one. But I still want to. So it goes on to next week's menu and I am planning to make a mix with it. I prefer to make it right when I want it instead of ahead and re-warming it.

A few snapshots of the food I enjoyed this week.....
 



Comments

  1. Thank you for posting your meal planning each week. I am about my witts end with meal planning and your posts have helped me tremendously.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts