My review of THM Menu for March 5 - 11, 2018



I have made so many NEW to me recipes from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook, I wanted to record what we all thought of them. Some were hits and some were not. A few we didn't get to make so I will add them to another menu to try.  Not sure I will ever make ALL the recipes from the cookbook, but I do want to make good use out of the book. I tend to make the same things over and over and I want to get out of that rut... for a now anyway.


Breakfasts
Chocolate Chip Baby Frap - THM FP THM Cookbook p.421 - this was delicious. I want to make it again for sure!
Bring on da Buttah Pancakes THM S THM Cookbook p.262 - I loved these pancakes. Simple easy, fluffy, and just YUMMY!
Thin Mint Chocolate Chip Shake- THM S THM Cookbook p.410 - One of my favorites because mint anything is amazing.
Breaggy Fry Up THM S THM Cookbook p.244 - Pretty good, They were not as good re-warmed though.
Orange Creamsicle Shake - THM E THM Cookbook p.408 - I still LOVE this recipe
Chocolate Monkey Crepes THM E THM Cookbook p.267 - I bought the things to make this, but it just didn't happen.

Lunch: - Leftovers
Cream of Mushroom Soup - THM S THM Cookbook p.110 - Made this one. It was ok. I loved the flavor, but I am just not sure mushrooms are my thing.
Broccoli and Cheese - THM S THM Cookbook p.111 - I liked this recipes, but I want to add MORE cream next time.
Curry in a Hurry Soup THM S THM Cookbook p.112 - I didn't make this one because I forgot to get the noodles. So I will try again... in a few weeks.

Snacks:
Time for Lime Cupcakes - THM S THM Cookbook p.306 - These were good. I hate the frosting recipes. So runny and just not worth the effort. Next time I will ONLY do cream cheese. I have lots of it left since it ran OFF the cupcakes when I tried to smear it on top. "sigh"
Pineapple Upside Down Cake THM E THM Cookbook p.290 - this was so good. But I was surprised how soupy the recipe was when I added it to the pineapple. I was so sure it wouldn't cook all the way through. I was so glad I was wrong. It was amazing. I want to try it again for sure!
Glycine Glory Pudding - THM S/FP Cookbook p. 348 - I am not sure what I did with this recipe. It was not sweet at all. The thickness was amazing though. I made 3 containers so the next time I ate it, I added some Pyure and some chopped up 85% chocolate and it was delicious. I think I need to make it again and add the sweetener!

Supper:
Cashew Chicken THM S THM Cookbook p.65 - This was such a good recipe. I have no idea why I didn't try it before? Silly for sure.
Quinoa Goes Cajun - THM E THM Cookbook p.69 - Didn't try it.
Chicken Alfredo - THM S THM Cookbook p.67 - Still haven't made this one either.
Comfy Cozy Chicken Dumpling Soup - THM S THM Cookbook p.94 - I was out of  stock when I went to make it so I didn't get to try the recipe. I will add it again to another menu obviously.
Reuben in a Bowl THM S THM Cookbook p.73 - I need to try this for St Patrick's Day obviously. LOL!
Rustic Pizza - THM S THM Cookbook p.212 

Sippers
Earth Milk - THM FP THM Cookbook p.402 - I know I want to try this, but I still haven't.
GGMS G2 - THM FP - I can't remember why I never tried this? Obviously I forgot. Oops.

Comments

Popular Posts