My review for THM Menu for March 12-18


I have made so many NEW to me recipes from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook, I wanted to record what we all thought of them. Some were hits and some were not. A few we didn't get to make so I will add them to another menu to try.  Not sure I will ever make ALL the recipes from the cookbook, but I do want to make good use out of the book. I tend to make the same things over and over and I want to get out of that rut... for a now anyway.

Breakfasts: - I use Kefir instead of cottage cheese and protein powder etc. 
German Chocolate Skake - THM S THM Cookbook p.413 - AMAZING!
French Toast in a Bowl THM S THM Cookbook p.266 - It was ok, but I liked it better once I fried it up like traditional French Toast.
Berrylicious Thin Thick - THM S THM Cookbook p.424 -YUM!
Basic Sugar Donuts with variations THM S THM Cookbook p.268-7 - Not sure which was my favorite or WHY I took so long to try them. YUM
Lemon Frappe - THM FP THM Cookbook p.419 - I didn't try this one. I'll put it on again in next week.
Sweet Dreams Apple and Cinnamon THM E THM Cookbook p.248 - Even though I am not a fan of cinnamon I really loved this recipe.

Lunch: - Leftovers
Superfood - Loaded Salad- THM S THM Cookbook p.192 - Simple and EASY!
Zesty Sweetie Soup- THM E THM Cookbook p.118  - Pretty good. Better than I expected for sure.
Spinach Lane Soup THM  FP/S THM Cookbook p.121 - Still didn't try this one.

Snacks:
Peanut Gems - THM FP THM Cookbook p.319  - Pretty good. I bit more PB than I like though.
Butterfly Wings Cake THM FP THM Cookbook p.301 - I LOVED this with some strawberries and a bit of cream N cream cheese.
Sweetie Pie Swirl- THM E Cookbook p. 253 - This was ok. Just not what I expected.

Supper: I am only going to list 5 this week. I haven't been using all 6.
Orange Chicken THM S THM Cookbook p.72
Wonder Fish Tacos - THM E THM Cookbook p.171 
Mother Hubbard Soup - THM S THM Cookbook p.97
Swedish Meatball in Cream Sauce THM S THM Cookbook p.61 - this is the only one I tried this week. But it was delicious!
Perfect or Rustic Pizza - THM S THM Cookbook p.211-12 - I did perfect pizza again this week. I am still chicken to try the Rustic one. Have you  made it yet?

Sippers:
Ginger Cream Trimmy - THM FP THM Cookbook p.432 - I am planning to make a mix with it. I prefer to make it right when I want it instead of ahead and re-warming it.

Comments

Popular Posts