My review of THM Menu for March 19-25, 2018

I have made so many NEW to me recipes from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook, I wanted to record what we all thought of them. Some were hits and some were not. A few we didn't get to make so I will add them to another menu to try.  Not sure I will ever make ALL the recipes from the cookbook, but I do want to make good use out of the book. I tend to make the same things over and over and I want to get out of that rut... for a now anyway.

Breakfasts: - I use Kefir instead of cottage cheese and protein powder etc. 
Chocolate Chip Baby Frap - THM FP THM Cookbook p.421 with - So delicious. I hope to be making this again many times!
BLT Frittata THM S THM Cookbook p74 - I used dried cherry tomatoes and it was great!
Thin Mint Chocolate Chip Shake- THM S THM Cookbook p.410  - Fantastic
Brainy Blueberry Muffin THM S THM Cookbook p.275 - I LOVE this muffin recipe.
Orange Creamsicle Shake - THM E THM Cookbook p.408 - My oranges are finally running out. Kinda sad. I loved this recipe 
Chocolate Monkey Crepes THM E THM Cookbook p.267 - the ONLY problem with this recipe? I wanted MORE!

Lunch: - Leftovers
3 Minute Sensational Salad - THM S THM Cookbook p.191 - So simple and easy. I am sure I will make it again.
Cheesy Dream Soup - THM S THM Cookbook p.119 - So simple and easy.
Curry in a Hurry Soup THM S THM Cookbook p.112 - I am not sure why it took me so long to try this one. Its was yummy!

Snacks:
Lemon Pucker Gummies- THM FP THM Cookbook p.387 - I added the extra gelatin and it was even better than I expected. I love that they are good for you!
Praline Protein Bars THM FP THM Cookbook p.391 - These were better than I thought. I was kinda afraid to try this one. I am not a fan of protein bars. I am glad I was mistake. Even my husband like these!
Rich Custard Strawberry Pie - THM S Cookbook p.331 - I think I need to learn to COOK the cake more. It was plenty sweet, but heavy. Still tasted good though.

Supper:
Quinoa Goes Cajun - THM E THM Cookbook p.69 - Didn't get to try.
Chicken Alfredo - THM S THM Cookbook p.67 - I loved this!
Comfy Cozy Chicken Dumpling Soup - THM S THM Cookbook p.94 - Ended up not trying it 
Reuben in a Bowl THM S THM Cookbook p.73 - this was so good. Even a few of my children enjoyed it.  I made some bread to go along with it.
Rustic Pizza - THM S THM Cookbook p.212 - I am STILL a big chicken and sticking to my PERFECT PIZZA recipe

Sippers - I didn't try either of them!
Earth Milk - THM FP THM Cookbook p.402
GGMS G2 - THM FP

Comments

Popular Posts