Goals for 2015




 I CHOOSE JOY – laughter through our tears. 

This past year was a very difficult year for our family on SO many levels. Last year starting had so much hope and joy in it and it ended with so much sorrow and heartache.  Talk about feeling worn.  I am praying and waiting to see His plan to make all things work together for good…..

Personal 
Read 48 books
Establish schedule for cleaning
Memorize Psalm 37 - 1 verse a week.
Read Proverbs once a month
Read through the Psalms
Complete 1 sewing/craft project a month

Marriage

Strive for 2 dates a month
Pray together for the children

Children/Homeschooling

Do 1 fun outing/activity per month
Teach each child a new recipe they can make on their own
Establish game night 
Teach Ashlianna to sew. 

Ministry/Family
 
Write a "love" note each week
Visit Grandpa once a month
Call/Talk to my brother once a week.

Blogging

Weekly Goals
Weekly or Bi-Weekly menus
Monthly Goals
Try a 1 new recipe a month and blog about it
Write 12 book reviews
12 DIY projects and blog about them
1 Family or School Blog post a week
Write 6 OAMC sessions

How I did last year….

Personal 
Read 48 Kindle books and 12 paperbooks – I think I did about half of what I intended.
Establish Flylady schedule for cleaning – I tried several ways to get cleaning done consistently.  I have yet to find that one that works the best for us.
Memorize Psalm 37 - 1 verse a week. – I wish I could memorize better. I did the first 2 verses.
Write first draft of book - 2 chapters a month – I never wrote a thing. I am now not sure I can. The memories too painful and I still see no end to the pain that prompted me to want to write in the first place.
Organize my Documents folder -1 subject a week until finished. – This I actually DID!
Upload pictures for printing - delete pictures that are un-usable-1 year a month – I did this for about ½ of pictures.
Complete 1 sewing/craft project a month – I think I did maybe 3. Including dresses for the girls which in all honest was the BEST project this year.
Use 1 Kindle devotional book a month. – I did 2 I think. I need to do better.

Marriage

Strive for 2 dates a month – We did pretty good until this summer.
Pray together for the kids – We still need to work on this.
Listen/Read through the Bible in a year – I think we only did a few months. Disappointing that it is so hard to keep up.

Children/Homeschooling

Do 1 fun outing/activity per month –  We did a few. So better then last year!
Teach each child a new recipe they can make on their own – I did a few things. I wish I had taken more time to help my younger daughter to help. 
Establish game night – I did this quite often. Even though it was kinda a mess sometimes we still had fun.
Teach Ashlianna to sew. – I still need to do this. I’m a terrible teacher.
Print out week school schedule for EACH child. -I actually did this! It works so much better to print out a schedule for each child.

Ministry/Family
 
Write a "love" note each week – I think I was good if I did it once a month. I’m terrible at this.
Visit Grandpa once a month – I did it maybe 4 times.
Help or serve someone in the community or church – I started doing Ruby’s Pantry every month. Finally a way to serve the community.
Call/Talk to my brother once a week. – I am going to admit.. I don’t. I wish I did. I’m a terrible sister.

Blogging

Weekly Goals – I did this!
Weekly or Bi-Weekly menus – DONE!
Monthly Goals- DONE!
Try a 1 new recipe a month and blog about it – I did a few but not as many as I liked.
48 Book reviewsI didn’t do 48 but I think I did better this past year.
12 DIY projects and blog about them – I think I did a few but never blogged about them. Oops.
1 Family Blog post a week – I didn’t even do one. I’m so embarrassed.

Comments

Popular Posts