Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake

I was cleaning out my cabinets and ran across some tortellini.  I had some left over chicken in the fridge so I decided to try out a meal I decided to skip on my Grande Cooking day. Not sure why I did now, but I did. I changed the recipe a little since I did not have fresh tortellini and I had to make my own alfredo sauce. Instead of baking it, I tossed in my slow cooker for 2 hours. The kids and my husband thought it was great.  Me.. not so much.  Serves 6

Michelle's Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake

1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic
1 t. olive oil
1 recipe of alfredo sauce
1 pkg. cheese tortellini
1 1/2 cup cooked cubed chicken
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1 t. dried basil leaves
Optional:1 cup frozen peas, grated parmesan cheese, bread crumbs

In a pot, heat oil & cook onion and garlic until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and bake in oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool completely, pour in labeled freezer bag or casserole dish.

Defrost in refrigerator, sprinkle parmesan cheese and bread crumbs on top, bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until heated all the way through. 

Comments

Popular Posts