Creamy chicken and rice soup

I still have some chicken left... so this was my last recipe to use it up.  We've made this recipe so many times I have lost count.  I found some chicken broth in my freezer on my hunt to find my roasts.  YAY!


Creamy Turkey and Wild Rice Soup

Ingredients

  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 celery ribs, diced
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 4 cups chicken or turkey broth
  • 2 cups cooked wild rice
  • 2 cups half-and-half cream
  • 2 cups diced cooked chicken
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

  • In a large kettle or Dutch oven, saute onion, celery and carrots in butter until onion is transparent. Reduce heat. Blend in flour and cook until bubbly. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat; add wild rice, cream, chicken , parsley, salt and pepper; simmer for 20 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Now I have a BUNCH of rice cooked up.... Hmmmm,

Comments

Popular Posts