Home made Gaucamole and Tortilla chips

I was watching Food network a while back and they have a mexican chef that I enjoy watching from time to time.  She made her own tortilla chips with her left over corn tortillas. When we made Gaucamole yesterday I remembered her making them. So I dug into my cabinet and we cooked up the last of my corn tortilla stash. :-) So without further ado... here is how I did it.

Michelle's Gaucamole
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
2 teaspoons finely chopped yellow onions
2 teaspoons minced jalapeno or Serrano chilies, seeds and membranes removed,
Kosher or coarse salt
2 large ripe Avocados, peeled and seeded
2 teaspoons lemon juice

Warm tortilla chips, for serving
Throw in the food processor until blended.  ENJOY!

Fresh Tortilla chips
1 pkg corn tortilla
Olive Oil
Salt

I put about 1 inch of oil in the bottom of my cast iron skillet. I then cut up my corn tortilla into 6 wedges per tortilla. I fried until crispy in the hot oil.  Salt.  Enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts