Book Review: The Life You've Always Wanted

The Life You've Always Wanted by John Ortberg has been a great read.  I recommend it highly.

There are so many things in this book that I could relate to.

I had to giggle about the story of the stain on the couch. They were advised to NOT get the mauve couch, but they did anyway. The joke about not even looking or thinking about sitting on it etc.  It finally got a bad stain...a big RED one at that.  His wife had sat the children down to ask who had put the stain in the couch. Of course they could not tell her because the author himself did it. Oops.

The thought of Sarah being a mother at her age. The image of Sarah going to Walmart and getting diapers and depends at the same time.   And then the thought of Isaac offering his ONLY son up because God asked him. Could I do that? I have no idea.

The idea of  actually expecting God to talk to you.  I think we don't accept that in our churches. We think He can't possibly do it. He does. I know He has talked to me. Many times. In a still small voice. A time I was so low begging Him for something to help me get through the day. I will never forget it. Sometimes it was encouragement. Sometimes it was a warning. I long for those moments and treasure them.  Thankful I have had them.

Comments

Popular Posts