Banana French Toast Casserole

I had an issue with the bread I made last week. Honestly it didn't turn out well. So instead of tossing it I thought I would try to save the scraps left to make French Toast Casserole. I used this recipe as a jumping point and kinda made up the rest...

Michelle's Banana French Toast Casserole

6-8 bananas sliced
1 loaf of bread
8 eggs
8 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
dash salt

Slice bananas and cut bread into chunks.  Mix remaining items together in a mixing bowl. Grease a 9x13 inch dish. Then layer 1/3 of the bread chunks in the bottom. Layer 1/2 of the bananas. Another 1/3 portion of the bread, the rest of the bananas, and then the remaining bread. Poor the milk/egg mixture on top. Put in the fridge overnight.  Bake in a 350 pre-heated oven for 60-90 minutes or until done.  Enjoy with syrup. :-)



Comments

Popular Posts