Books I would like to read for 2013

After reading and following Money Saving Mom's blog for several years I am finally taking the plunge to make myself a reading list. I am using some of the same books as she is, but not all. She has several books on her list that don't interest me or I don't have access too. At this point I can't see spending $ on books when I have so many others I want to read. Instead I choose books that I have either own or can borrow via our local library. I will be reviewing them as I go through them. Anyone else have a book list for the year? 




January

The Life You've always wanted: Spiritual Disciplines for Ordinary People
A Pocketful of Pinecones
A Woman's Place: A Novel
Desperate Marriages : Moving Towards Hope and Healing



February
Tiny book of BIG garage sale secrets
10 Simple Steps For More Joyful Kids And Happier Parents
Life Without Limits: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life
Unglued

March
Everyone is Normal Till You Get To Know Them
Blue Like Playdough
From Dust and Ashes
One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are


April
The Charge; Activating the 10 Human Drices That Make You Feel Alive
Give Them Grace
Lady In Waiting: A Novel
When the Game Is Over, It All Goes Back in the Box

May
Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
The 5 Love Languages of Children 
Without a Word, How a boy's unspoken love changes everything
Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action


June
7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess
Grace-Based Parenting
Just a Minute:In the Heart of a Child, One Moment .. Can Last Forever
The Resolution for Woman


July
The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
And Then I had Kids: Encouragement for Mothers of Young Children
While We're Far Apart
She's Got Issues: Seriously Good News for Stressed Out, Secretly Scared Control Freaks Like Us

August
 Onward: How Starbucks Fought For It's Life without Losing Its Soul
The Heart of Homeschooling: Teaching & Living What Really Matters
She Makes It Look Easy: A Novel
When the Hurt Runs Deep



September
The Elements of Style
Lessons at Blackberry Inn: Adventures with the Gentle Art of Learning
Running For My Life
If You Want to Walk on Water, You've Got to Get Out of the Boat
 
October
10 Ways to be a Better Learner

Raising Your Kids With Character That Lasts.
Shepharding a Child's Heart
Jesus Calling

November
Pour your heart into it : how Starbucks built a company one cup at a time
Reading magic : why reading aloud to our children will change their lives forever
On Every Side
Calm my anxious heart

December
Attack Your Day Before it Attacks You
When Children Love to Learn: A Practical Application of Charlotte Mason's Philosophy for Today
Three Cups of Tea: One man's mission to promote peace

Possibilities of Prayer


Comments

Popular Posts