Book Review A Woman's Place by Lynn Austen


The title was almost intimidating for me. I really thought it would be very much a Woman have to stay in their place so to speak book. I was pleasantly surprised though, as I am sure you will be if you get a chance to read the book. :-)

The book is almost 450 pages. I can't remember the last time I read a book that was 100 pages, let alone 450!  The book moved a little slow in the beginning, but picked up after a while. The book covered the lives of 4 different woman. From totally different backgrounds and walks of life.  Some Christian and some not.

I think the person who stuck out the most to me was Helen. A teacher who came from a well of family, but was not happy. Just goes to show that money can't buy happiness.

The part of the book that impressed me the most was oddly enough the way the woman were allowing men to treat them. I really do not understand why anyone would want to marry someone who insisted that you MUST do what I want. I am sorry, but this quality isn't going to sell many people these days. If woman or man can't allow each other to be what they feel they need to be that is not going to work. That is the beauty of love. Being able to give and serve each other. I think that is a hard quality to find these days in the ME generation. 


Comments

Popular Posts