Breakfast Freezer Cooking Challenge

This was our FIRST Day.  I have at least 2 more to do.  I am still working on the Filling the Freezer Challenge this week. The kids and I had a Muffin Marathon cooking session last night. It only took 2 hours to make 10 dozen muffins.  I thought that was fantastic. We just wish we had made a few more.






We learned a lesson when making  Chocolate Chip Muffins.   You don't put the chocolate chips in until later or they ALL sink to the bottom.  They were still good, but it was hard to get them out of the muffin molds and not leave the chocolate with the mold.By dropping them on the top when we are done filling the molds the chips did not collect in the bottom.



This is our second muffin recipe.  We made  Easy Morning Glory Muffins. This is a rather time consuming recipe, but they taste REALLY good.






This last one is a combo I normally would NEVER make. I HATE fruit and chocolate. But these Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins are great. Aldi had 6 ounce pkg on sale this week so I grabbed a few pkgs to make these.















I had a request for Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. Since we learned the lesson from the first about NOT putting the chips in until later they turned out so MUCH better.  I used Kefir instead of yogurt. I forgot that when you add the kefir to baking soda it makes fluffy batter. The muffins were so light and fluffy. I want to use this recipe ALL the time.






We all had a wonderful time together making muffins for the freezer. I divided the different kinds of muffins into 6 bags and we will freeze them for a later date. I never thought I would ever freezer cook WITH my kids on this challenge, but they wanted to help. I am glad they did. Memories I won't forget.  And just so you know I wasn't joking about ALL those muffins, here is a snapshot of all the muffins ready to get tossed in the freezer. :-)


Comments

Popular Posts