Week 3 Day 4 - 4 Weeks to Fill the Freezer

This is one of my favorite recipes. Sweet and Sour Meatballs. When I first made this recipe I was very unsure if I would like it. I have made pineapple with chicken before and we hated it. So when my friend Nicole suggested this recipe for our Once A Month Cooking challenge I was a little skeptical. But I did learn something. Letting it sit and marinade, ie in the freezer make the taste better.  So I think this is now one of our family's favorite Chinese meals. 

I hate making meatballs. Or should I say I am scared of making them. When Nicole and I made them for this recipe the first time I discovered it wasn't so hard after all. My oldest son thought it would be so fun to help so it was a mother, son  project. Sure made it go fast and we had a fun.  I never really thought making meatballs was that exciting for an 8 yr old boy. Maybe I will have to make meatballs again. he he.


The recipe called for canned pineapple, but I only had 1 can, but I had some fresh on hand since Aldi had it on sale not too long ago. The canned was such a pale colored compared to the fresh pineapple.  I don't know about you, but I grew up on canned pineapple. I never had a fresh pineapple until after I got married.  I had no idea what I was missing. The flavor was so different.

I used colored peppers instead of green peppers. I for some reason forgot that I needed more peppers for this recipe and all I had in the fridge was the Aldi colored grab bag of peppers.  I am sure the recipe will still be good. I am going to bet that it will be even BETTER with the sweet peppers!

Comments

Popular Posts