Seven Layer Salad


Someone blessed me with some lettuce.  I LOVE salad in any shape or form. As long as I don't have to make it. Hehehe. Making it ahead is perfect for me. I will eat more. :-)  I used this recipe here. But I changed it up a little because I did not have all the ingredients. So here is my version of the recipe.




Michelle’s 7 Layer Salad

1 head lettuce, torn into small pieces
1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
12 slices turkey bacon
1 ½  cups small cauliflower florets (I use the stems too)
½ cup chopped celery
½ cup onion
2 cups mayonnaise
4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese

Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside. In a 9x13 inch pan layer the lettuce followed by the peas, onion, bacon, cauliflower and celery.

Spread mayo over salad. Sprinkle cheese over top. Cover and chill for at least 8 to 12 hours for best flavors. 

Comments

Popular Posts